1.1 In accordance with the following user terms (‘User Terms’), FutureBusiness (‘FutureBusiness’) grants you as an authorised user (‘Authorised User’ or ‘you’) of this FutureBusiness website (‘Website’) certain rights (as set out below) and in return you agree to perform certain obligations.
1.2 Please read these User Terms carefully. They are a legal document and, by your continued use of the Website, you agree to be bound by these User Terms. In particular, you agree that you have read and understood the following Clauses:
- Clause 6 – Your Responsibilities
- Clause 7 – Consent to use Your Personal Information
- Clause 8 – Limitation of Liability
Please note that you must be at least 18 years of age to use this website.
2. Licence to Use Material on Website
2.1 FutureBusiness grants to you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free licence to use all the material on the Website (including but not limited to: software, documentation, text, pictures, sounds, graphics, articles, video or audio clips, and advertising material) (‘FutureBusiness Material’) on the basis set out in Clause 2.2.
2.2 You are entitled to access, download and transmit (for the purposes expressly permitted in these User Terms) and store the FutureBusiness Material for your own personal, non-commercial use provided that you do not:
- remove any notices relating to the ownership of copyright or other Intellectual Property Rights (as defined in Clause 3.1 below) in the FutureBusiness Material;
- modify, translate, reverse engineer, reproduce, decompile, disassemble (except as expressly permitted by law) or create derivative works of any of the FutureBusiness Material;
- rent, lease, sub-licence, loan, copy or give or transfer any rights in the FutureBusiness Material in any form, to any person or entity without the prior written consent of FutureBusiness.
3. Ownership of Intellectual Property Rights
3.1 Notwithstanding the limited rights granted to you in accordance with Clause 2, FutureBusiness, or FutureBusiness’s suppliers, subcontractors and agents (collectively ‘FutureBusiness Contractors’) (as applicable) shall retain all ownership, title and interest in the intellectual property rights contained in the FutureBusiness Material (including but not limited to copyright, database rights, trade marks, patents, service marks, design rights (whether registerable or otherwise) know-how, trade or business names, domain names, goodwill associated with any of the foregoing and other similar rights or obligations whether registerable or not in any jurisdiction in the world (‘Intellectual Property Rights’).
3.2 You agree that any material (including any Intellectual Property Rights in such material), including but not limited to material sent via chat services, feedback, bulletin boards or articles or any other material submitted for publication on the Website or in using any of the Website Services (“User Generated Content”) may be retained as the property of FutureBusiness. FutureBusiness shall have no obligations with regard to the User Generated Content to monitor the User Generated Content to ensure that it complies with applicable laws or regulations. You remain solely responsible for the User Generated Content in accordance with Clause 6.
4. Duration of User Terms and Termination
4.1 These User Terms are binding upon you immediately. You accept them by your use of this Website, and they will remain in force until:
- FutureBusiness terminates these User Terms by notice to you at any time in accordance with Clause 9.2.
4.2 In the event that these User Terms are terminated for any of the reasons stated above you agree to comply with the following obligations:
- the licence granted to you in accordance with Clause 2 shall be terminated forthwith and you shall have no further rights to use the FutureBusiness Material;
- you must delete or destroy any of the FutureBusiness Material stored by you in electronic or hard copy form as soon as reasonably practicable;
- you will have no further rights to access or use the Website or the Website Services.
5. FutureBusiness’s Responsibilities
5.1 FutureBusiness undertakes to use commercially reasonable endeavours to prevent breaches of security of the Website.
5.2 FutureBusiness makes no representation or warranty that the Website or services offered via the Website [(i.e. bulletin boards, chat (except any Merchandise made available by Merchants via links to this Website, which are subject to the separate Merchant terms and conditions as mentioned in Clause 1.4)) (‘Website Services’) will be accessible, or useable by you or error free.
5.3 FutureBusiness takes no liability for any failure or interruption of the Website or any inability to access or use the Website or any features, products or services on the Website.
5.4 FutureBusiness reserves the right, without notice to you, to remove any FutureBusiness Material from the Website or to suspend or alter the operation of the Website or any Website Services, at its sole discretion or for legal or technical reasons. FutureBusiness will give you as much notice as possible prior to taking any of the actions described in this Clause, but prior notice may not always be feasible for a variety of reasons.
6. Your Responsibilities
6.1 You agree that you will use this Website in a lawful manner that is consistent with all applicable laws and regulations.
6.2 You agree that you are responsible for the security and use of any user names or passwords needed to access or use the Website or any Website Services. You must take all reasonable steps to ensure that these user names and passwords are kept confidential and secure and you do not allow any unauthorised person to access the Website or any of the Website Services using your user name or password. You take full responsibility for all information and instructions transmitted through the Website using your user name and/ or password. All such information will be considered sent and authorised by you. You agree that you will not use the Website or any of the Website Services as follows:
- to send, receive, upload, download, store, use, distribute or publish any material that is offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene, or in breach of any other person’s Intellectual Property Rights or breaches any obligation of confidentiality by which you are bound;
- to send or distribute multiple unsolicited emails or messages (‘Spam’) or to cause any other person annoyance, inconvenience or worry;
- for any purposes connected to any business, including sending any unsolicited advertisements or promotional material;
- to use or attempt to use any software, engine, or any other means to navigate or search this Website other than the navigation tools and search facilities available on this Website and general third party browsers;
- to carry out any activities in relation to “screen scraping” or “database scraping” to obtain lists of users, URLs, Internet Keywords or other information;
- to access the Website by any means other than through the interface that is provided by FutureBusiness for use in accessing the Website;
- to use or transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, file or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, including but not limited to the Website;
- to do anything which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Website’s infrastructure; to interfere with or disrupt the Website and/or Website Services or servers or networks connected to the Website or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website;
- or to collect or store personal data about other users of this Website whether or not for commercial purpose without their consent. This means no posting of phone numbers, addresses or any other private information without the express permission of that individual. Processing of personal data is bound by the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
6.3 You agree to indemnify FutureBusiness against any claims, costs, expenses or legal proceedings caused as a result of your use of the Website or Website Services in contravention of Clauses 6.1 and 6.2, further in these circumstances, FutureBusiness shall be entitled to treat the contravention as a material breach of these User Terms and terminate the User Terms and any access permission granted to you by FutureBusiness forthwith, without notice to you.
7. Consent to Use Your Personal Information
7.1 For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), you acknowledge that in the course of registering and using this Website and the Website Services, certain personal information or data about you will be captured electronically or otherwise and transmitted to FutureBusiness or FutureBusiness Contractors. By accepting these User Terms, you expressly agree to transfer such personal information or data to FutureBusiness or FutureBusiness Contractors to use, store and process the personal information for the purposes of providing the services offered on this Website, or any other connected FutureBusiness websites.
7.2 For the purposes of the Act, you further agree that FutureBusiness or an FutureBusiness Contractor involved in the provision of the Website Services, may send your personal data outside of the European Economic Area.
7.3 You may revoke the consents given above in Clauses 7.1 and 7.2 by giving notice to FutureBusiness in accordance with Clause 9.1, but in those circumstances you must exit the Website and will have no further rights to access the Website or use the Website Services.
8. Limitation of Liability
8.1 FutureBusiness does not limit its liability for death or personal injury to the extent only that it arises as a result of the negligence of FutureBusiness, its employees, or FutureBusiness Contractors, and the remainder of this Clause 8 shall not apply to such liability.
8.2 To the extent that FutureBusiness is deemed by a court of competent jurisdiction to have any liability to you in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise in relation to this Website or the Website Services, FutureBusiness’s entire liability shall be limited to £1,000 for any one incident or series of related incidents and up to £2,000 for all incidents in any period of 12 months.
8.3 FutureBusiness shall not be liable to you in contract, tort, negligence (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise for:
- any economic loss, (including without limitation, loss of revenue, business, contracts, profits or anticipated savings);
- any loss of goodwill or reputation;
- any loss of data;
- or any special, indirect or consequential loss.
8.4 The express terms of these User Terms are in lieu of all warranties, conditions, undertakings, terms, and obligations implied by statute, common law, usage, course of dealing or otherwise, all of which are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8.5 The Website may contain links to third party websites which are controlled and operated by parties other than FutureBusiness. The links will let you leave the Website and FutureBusiness is not responsible for any contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The inclusion of any link on the Website does not imply endorsement by FutureBusiness of the linked site. If you decide to access linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk.
9.1 You may send a notice to FutureBusiness, or any questions you may have concerning these User Terms in writing to FutureBusiness, 143 Caledonian Road, London, N1 0SL.
9.2 FutureBusiness may send you notice by general notice on this Website, by email to your email address on record with FutureBusiness, or by post to the geographical address on record with FutureBusiness. Such notice will be effective if sent by email or posted on the Website, one day from the date it was sent or posted on the Website. If sent by regular post, it will be effective three days after posting by FutureBusiness
10.1 For the purposes of Clauses 1.4, 3, 6.3, 7, 8 and 10.8 of these User Terms, FutureBusiness shall mean FutureBusiness and/or any FutureBusiness Company which means an FutureBusiness subsidiary or holding company, or a subsidiary of that holding company all as defined by Section 736 of the Companies Act 1985, as amended by the Companies Act 1989.
10.2 These User Terms form the entire agreement between you and FutureBusiness and supersede any other oral or written communications, agreements or representations with respect to your use of this Website and Website Services.
10.3 FutureBusiness reserves the right to add to or change the terms of these User Terms in its sole discretion without prior notice to you. All changes to the User Terms will be effective once posted on the Website. FutureBusiness will provide as much notice as possible prior to making any changes to the User Terms on the Website, but prior notice may not always be feasible for a variety of reasons. Your continued use of the Website or the Website Services following FutureBusiness’s posting of such changes will be regarded by FutureBusiness as acceptance of the amended User Terms. If you do not agree to be bound by the amended User Terms you should exit the Website and not access or use the Website in the future.
10.4 Nothing in these User Terms affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
10.5 If any part of these User Terms are held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, the validity of the remainder of these User Terms will not be affected.
10.6 You acknowledge that FutureBusiness has entered into these User Terms for its own benefit and for the benefit of each FutureBusiness Company (as defined in Clause 11.1 above) and these User Terms are intended to be enforceable by each FutureBusiness Company by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
11 Subject to Clause
11.1, a person who is not a party to these User Terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these User Terms but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
11.2 If FutureBusiness or any FutureBusiness Contractor is unable to perform any obligation under these User Terms because of a matter beyond its reasonable control, including (but not limited to) fire, flood, explosion, war, civil disorder, industrial disputes (whether or not involving its employees), or other disasters or governmental laws and regulations imposed after the fact, or events beyond the reasonable control of FutureBusiness or the FutureBusiness Contractors, neither FutureBusiness nor any FutureBusiness Contractor will have any liability for that failure to perform.
11.3 Your use of the Internet is solely at your risk and subject to all applicable laws, and FutureBusiness has no responsibility for any information, software, services or other materials accessed or obtained by you using the Internet.
11.4 Unless otherwise specified on this Website, the FutureBusiness Materials available on this Website are directed solely at those who access the Website from the United Kingdom. FutureBusiness makes no representation that any FutureBusiness Material is appropriate for use elsewhere, or available in any other locations. Those who choose to access this Website and the Website Services from any other location are solely responsible for compliance with local laws and regulations if, and to the extent, that they are applicable.
11.5 These User Terms are governed by the laws of England, and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
FutureBusiness is operated under licence.